.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

A Transient Citizen Essay -- American Citizenship Immigration Essays

A Transient Citizen ...1 hereby decl atomic number 18, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce all allegiance and fidelity to all foreign prince or state of whom or which I have been a subject or citizen....This is a clause from an oath I took on February 6, 2002an ordinary solar twenty-four hour period of no significance to most people, a climatical point in my lifeit was the day I became a U.S. citizen. I did not attend the formal ceremony in the Los Angeles Convention Center, all the same for me it did not matter I was still dear as excited, for this was the day I became a true American. There were many people from distinct cultures in the noisy office where I received my certificate, yet we were all filled with the same excitementthe potential of the American Dream and to be part of the greatest nation. It seemed that every time an employee came out they called someone else, as if I was not even there, and I started to worry. The fear of returning family lin e without macrocosm a citizen of this nation started to cross my mind. Two hours passed and I was academic term in the same chair listening to the noise of the typewriters inside the offices. Then, as if time itself had stopped, it happened they called me to the front window. It was as if I as walking to the doors of heaven. I recognized that it was not the end exactly rather a advanced beginning. It was the creation of a new person. The oath was simple I had promised to backup and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies. I choked on the very words when I realized I had just interpreted an oath promising to bear arms even against the acres of my birth. For so long I envisioned perfection as the day I would become a citizen of a country that I had intentional to love. I realized ... ...goals aimed at success, having a stable job or owning a house, but it is now a long-term goal that seeks to take a stable point between two nation s even if the nations themselves are not at peace. Now that I have gone finished the process of applying for United States citizenship, I have taken the responsibility to use up between Mexico and The United Statesbetween my roots and my future. I have taken an oath, not except before The Great American seal, but to a fault and most importantly before God. I do not privation to question whether I regret becoming a citizen or not, for the only obstacle that is always holding us back is not being able to let go of the past. However, I cannot completely erase what I feel for Mexico, for I do not want to forget my heritage, mi cultura. I may be bound to the American flag and the U.S. Constitution, but I am still proud of being Mexican.

No comments:

Post a Comment