.

Friday, April 19, 2019

Cross-cultural practicum journal Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 words

cross-cultural practicum journal - Essay ExampleHardly did I know that the experience would be very enlightening. In fact, I do not remember attending any event in my life that was humbling, educating and enjoyable all at the same time. Volunteering at the shoe store and assisting infantren to choose and fit shoes helped me consider a few things active community service.To start with, I realized that serving others is emotionally fulfilling and rewarding. ceremonial occasion the happy children try different shoes was the best part of the experience. I enjoyed watching them jump up and down shouting at the topmost of their voices when they got their favorite shoe that fit perfectly. Some Bible verses that controvert service to others became clearer during the experience. For example, Paul talks about talks about being good to all hatful (The Holy Bible King James Version, Gal. 610). One of the fruits of the Holy Spirit is goodness (Gal. 522).In as much as the store owners were not paying me for volunteering my services, the experience was nonetheless rewarding. Those who dig receive even more than they have given (Luke 638). This verse is very true because any day I went back home feeling like a new person. Besides, God excessively loves a cheerful giver (2nd Cor. 97).Working with children also made me look at a few Bible verses from a different perspective. In the Bible, several verses quote that, salvation is for children. Jesus messiah states that the kingdom of Heaven belongs to the children (Mat. 1916). The kids in the store were all innocent, smiled all the time, talked to everyone with no reservations. One child even invited me to their place to play with her toys. I compared them to adults who are always complaining to God about this and about that it. It is hard to make a child smile. That made me understand why the Bible says that the kingdom of paradise belongs to children.Working at Edmond required an individual with

No comments:

Post a Comment