Friday, February 8, 2019

AFRICA Essay -- essays research papers

HOW HAS THE SPREAD OF acquired immune deficiency syndrome AFFECTED AFRICAN SOCIETY1.Baer, Hans., et al. Medical Anthropology and the creative activity System. A Critical Perspective Ch. 8 p159-269.2.Stine, Gerald J. Acquired Immune Deficiency SyndromeThe facts indite argon by Gerald J. Stine in Acquired Immune Deficiency syndrome . Worldwide, about 9,000 persons a day become HIV-infected. The majority of all HIV infections knowledge domainwide pass in people ages 15-24. Over 1 million people break off of AIDS each year. The number of HIV-infections worldwide has tripled since 1990 It is estimated that there will be a 20% drop in population in vitamin E Africa by the year 2001 because of AIDS (Stine, 360). AIDS is the leading cause of deaths among braggy men and the second leading cause of deaths among adult women in Africa (Bethel, 13).It is extremely difficult to judge the exact extent of AIDS in Africa, any geographically or in the population so rather than yet focusing on Western Africa , we should look at the bigger cypher (Bethel, 138). Also, we tin assert that AIDS cases do not occur on the Afri crowd out continent in a uniform fashion still rather form an AIDS Belt in central, southern, and eastern Africa (Bethel, 138). First, allow me tell you that Third World Nations makeup three fourths of the Earths population, and combining that fact with the fact that these worlds atomic number 18 not as go on and have an lesser knowledge of prevention, and AIDS , it is not very move that these countries populations are impacted by death. Africa, with about 12% of the worlds population, is now reporting around 25% of the worlds AIDS cases. It is estimated to have over 65% of the total number of HIV-infected adults and 90% of the worlds HIV-infected children (Stine, 364). An incredible and unbelievable fact that shows the impact of the disease in Africa is that 6,000 Africans are HIV-infected each day which is 250 persons per hour or four per minut e. betwixt 20% and 30% of sexually active adults between the ages of 20 and 40 are believed to be infected with HIV in some urban places of sub-Sahara Africa, where the disease is felt the hardest. In rural areas, where the most of the people live, unassumingness is much lower but is still rising. Stine also mentions that available manifest shows that it is unlikely that the spre... ...woman may choose to breastfeed her baby regardless to value the baby against many more other infections. Also, it is allowed by most cultures, and its free. And third, if artificial feeding is chosen, the mother must take chances on the water-supply that can give her child other deadly diseases. Fortunately though, developing countries are giving information about infant feeding to HIV-infected woman who are pregnant. In developing countries rather than Western society, their mentality is much more different. Western societies can prevent illness and death because of knowledge that Africans gul lt have. In developing countries, they worry more about vitality for today, which means that they face death from AIDS in five age from prostitution or death from starvation tomorrow from lack of money. In a lot of cases, if the wife is worried and wants to use condoms, she is threatened with the preserve leaving her for another woman. In that case, the wife would eventually have to go to the streets for money and that means beginning prostitution. This never-ending cycle of poverty and ignorance can only be broken by education, which still may not be enough. God help them

No comments:

Post a Comment